Day 4..


Day 4 - 06:00:
Day 4 - 07:00:
Day 4 - 08:00:
Day 4 - 09:00:
Day 4 - 10:00 to 12:00:
Day 4 - 13:00:
Day 4 - 14:00:
Day 4 - 15:00 to end of day:
===============================================================================


Day 4 - 06:00:

Start of the fourth day.



Start of the fourth day and DG’s main force has withdrawn south of Waynes Junction to rest and re-group, while I do the same in Waynes Junction – overnight I have moved all the supplies to the station in expectation of the train arriving...

I’m using my cavalry to push DG’s single cavalry scouting unit away from the railway...

DG is already wondering why I have no wagons defined.. he is clearly not aware of the train – should come as something of a surprise.. 

Back to top...

===============================================================================


Day 4 - 07:00:

The train arrives and causes much consternation..

North of Rogersburg the cavalry is moving northwards – infantry and wagons have departed Rogersburg for the rendezvous..

Back to top...

===============================================================================


Day 4 - 08:00:

To allow me time to embark/disembark I move my main force south and confront DG’s main force

Back to top...

===============================================================================


Day 4 - 09:00:

The train disembarks Smith’s Brigade and they join the main force – further consternation – fresh brigade is added to the mix just like that... my reading would indicate this is very typical of the ACW experience – transporting bodies of troops quickly across big distances...

DG has moved his main force to the east...

Supplies are loaded – still no wagons..

Back to top...

===============================================================================


Day 4 - 10:00 to 12:00:

Train departs...... time for a more detailed map update...


Gordon’s and the wagons are hot footing to their rendezvous; my main force with some craftily created “wagons” are heading north (smoke and mirrors!) with cavalry front and behind...

Back to top...

===============================================================================


Day 4 - 13:00:

The cavalry I sent north from Rogersburg has arrived just south of Laddsville – there are Union cavalry there... just a single scouting unit – I order them to stay in place and keep an eye... (This unit of cavalry caused DG a bit of confusion as he assumed they were some of the cavalry from Waynes Junction!)



Back to top...

===============================================================================


Day 4 - 14:00:

Continues - all recon reports of the main Union forces have now gone - I can't see DG, hopefully he can't see me...

Back to top...

===============================================================================


Day 4 - 15:00 to end of day:

...and so the day proceeds, gradually moving northwards, keeping pace with the horribly slow moving wagons..


...and so at the end of the day the position is as above..

 a thought... the last time we saw them DG seemed to be moving his troops north east – what if the wagons from the train happen to reach the road just as that force gets there??! Plan for day 5 is to find DG’s main force – I need to shadow it so as to know what I need to do... if necessary I’ll do a crafty shimmy and go back to Waynes Junction!!

Back to top...

===============================================================================

1 comment:

gcbisset said...

Im trying to learn Berthier, and if I succeed I will write a tutorial in very simple language. Would you be willing to answer an occasional question on it? If so you can write me at gcbisset at g mail.

Roll high!

George