Day 3..




Day 3 - 06:00:
Day 3 - 07:00:
Day 3 - 09:00:
Day 3 - 10:00:
Day 3 - 11:00:
Day 3 - 12:00:
Day 3 - 13:00:
Day 3 - Battle of Waynes Junction:
Day 3 - 14:00-15:00:
Day 3 - 16:00-17:00:
Day 3 - 18:00:

========================================================================================


Day 3 - 06:00:

Start of the third day.

Train roll 7.

Interesting!

My cavalry report that the Union sighting is infantry strength 1.. so one unit of infantry:

MOVE: 26 POSITION: 1296
UNIT: C01 1st Div Cavalry
CONTACT
1296 No contact.
SIGHTINGS
1245 Sighted 1 enemy unit(s) of total size 1.
TYPES SEEN
Infantry

I order all units in Rogerbsurg vicinity to hold… the march on Waynes Junction continues

Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 07:00:

Train roll 5


Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 09:00:

Train roll 7


Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 10:00:

Train roll 5 (this is getting tedious!)
The good news is that DG looks to be pulling his infantry back at Rogersburg.. things are going to get interesting at Waynes Junction though - I'm getting close!

Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 11:00:

Train roll 8


Aha - now is that the same cavalry as before I wonder... somewhat foolishly I didn't take a note at the time - time to check my archives.. they aren't - this is 6th NY E, the previous guys were 6th NY C. One to bear in mind for the "return trip".

Meanwhile the first recon reports are coming in as to what I can expect when I get to Waynes Junction... I have no choice anyway as this is point of the whole campaign, but the numbers look ..... "interesting"...

The sighting in 1916 is the cavalry above - but this is telling me that there are either four of five units of infantry and artillery (and possibly more cvalry) in Waynes Junction.



The advance continues - looks like we're due a second set-to..!

Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 12:00:

Train roll 9 (close!)

The Union cavalry has backed off - but look at those numbers rack up as I get closer to Waynes Junction! I'm guessing the cavalry withdrew on Waynes Junction (?? I'm not convinced - I suspect they're loitering in the hills), I'll know for sure when I get to the town.




Rogersburg all quiet...

Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 13:00:

Train roll 7 - battle is started at Waynes Junction.





Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - Battle of Waynes Junction:

Battle of Waynes Junction.. Part 1
Battle of Waynes Junction.. Part 2
Battle of Waynes Junction.. Part 3

Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 14:00 - 15:00:

Train roll 9 - all quiet elsewhere while the battle rages..



Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 16:00 - 17:00:

Train roll 11!! A train has arrived and as the Battle at Waynes Junction comes to a close I embark Smith's brigade at Rogersburg. I order Gordon's to march down the rails to my mid-country rendevous point - they take wagons with them.. I'll use the cavalry as a screen when I leave...

Train leaves for Waynes Junction..

Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 3 - 18:00:

The battle at Waynes Junctions ends a Confederate victory!

The campaign of disinformation, smoke and mirrors starts.....

Back to top...
========================================================================================

No comments: