Day 1..



Day 1 - 09:00:
Day 1 - 10:00:
Day 1 - 11:00:
Day 1 - 12:00:
Day 1 - 13:00:
Day 1 - 14:00:
Day 1 - 15:00-18:00:

Day 1 09:00:

Three hours on the road and the cavalry have arrived outside Laddsville to find a Union unit there.



Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 1 10:00:

Berthier will not give me a clear indication of what these actually are until I make contact (that's the way DG has set up the reconnaisance options in Berthier).

As I suspected, when my cavalry entered the town I found Union cavalry there.. this is a combined reconnasiance report and position report from Berthier:



Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 1 11:00:

Mystery solved then - they are a Union cavalry vedette comprising one base of the 6th New York …

Either way the 'blue bellies' have now pulled out of Laddsville and moved south - I am following up - my plan remains the same but I have some decisions to make once I reach the fork in the road to decide who to send south to Rogersburg and who to send to Waynes Junction.

The cavalry will have to split as I'll need recon for both forces, but what to do with the rest I wonder…

Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 1 12:00:

He's falling back in front of my advance - going cross country so as to monitor both roads.. I've split my cavalry in half so I still outnumber him and have pursued aggressively...

Back to top...
========================================================================================

Day 1 13:00:

He's not giving up.. :

My decision is made on the split of forces; depending on what that Union cavalry does it will be as follows..

Rogersburg force:
  • Gordon
  • Smith
Waynes Junction force:
  • Hays
  • Hoke
  • Jones(the artillery)
Back to top...
========================================================================================
Day 1 14:00: My main force has now split as the fork was reached - I am continuing to drive cavalry off whilst keeping my main forces outside of the two square reconnaisance range of his cavalry... real cat and mouse stuff, he's desperate to break past my cavalry screen but moves at the same rate I do... As long as I can keep my infantry three or four squares behind the cavalry they're safe from view, I on the other hand have no idea if he has extra cavalry that is shadowing my infantry from outside their reconnaisance range! Back to top...
========================================================================================
Day 1 15:00-18:00: …and so it continued until the end of the day.. what am I going to find in Rogersburg? More importantly what am I going to find in Wayne's Landing! Back to top...

No comments: